Thursday 28 August 2014

Propogation confuses me.

OK, its the summer and things are flat.

but why can I contact Brazil in the depth of winter?

surely its summer THERE?

in the last month across the bands things have been quiet, with not much more than Europe and the far north of Africa reaching my far western European QTH.  and yet twice on 40m I've been shocked, when calling CQ on a very lonely 40m to have California K6SIK(in the afternoon) and then Australia VK3XUF (early morning) answer my call.

I'm GRATEFUL, but confused.

Ah well, this is what keeps it interesting....

its like you can buy fish in a supermarket.  you know what you'll get, and how much it'll cost, and yet lots of folk still go down to the waters edge and drop a line in there just to see what takes a bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment